The Slobodan Jovanović Fund was formed in Belgrade on September 26, 2008 in honor and glory of Academic Slobodan Jovanović, scientist, jurist and historian, former president of the Serbian Royal Academy, rector of the University of Belgrade, professor and dean of the Belgrade Faculty of Law, prime minister of the government of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia in exile and founder of the Serbian Cultural Club, with the aim of inciting a scientific, cultural and public activity in the spirit of his works.
The founder of the Slobodan Jovanović Fund is the Democratic Party of Serbia.
The objectives of the Fund are:
- scientific research of political tradition and contemporary political processes in Serbia and in the world;
- affirmation and critical review of the theoretical heritage in the field of social theory in Serbia;
- comparative research of contemporary social and political processes in Serbia and in the world;
- scientific research and critical review of the work of Slobodan Jovanović;
- publishing of critical editions of the work of Slobodan Jovanović;
- development of political culture of the Serbian people on the basis of the works of Slobodan Jovanović;
- encouragement of young researchers to conduct comparative research in the field of political, legal and social theory and practice in Serbia and in the world;
- improvement of political culture in Serbia;
- cultivation of Serb cultural heritage and promotion of its values;
- cooperation with organizations in Serbia and in the world on the basis of similar program orientation;
- implementation of education programs on the basis of modern political studies and practices;
- implementation of cultural programs on the basis of the democratic tradition and political culture of the Serbian people;
- securing of student scholarships.
The Fund will carry out scientific research projects, organize scientific conferences, panels, lectures and exhibitions, organize seminars and other gatherings with the aim of developing political culture, particularly among the youth, carry out publishing and develop cooperation with cultural, scientific and other institutions in Serbia and in the world.
The Fund in steered by the Managing Board, made of Academic Matija Bećković, Slobodan Rakitić, Aleksandar Ilić, Kosta Čavoški, Vojislav Koštunica, Vladeta Janković, Slobodan Samardžić, Predrag Protić, Mirjana Stefanovski, Mile Savić, Časlav Koprivica, Aleksandar Nikitović, Boris Milosavljević, Nenad Popović, Miloš Jovanović, Aleksandar Mitić and Petar Petković.
The president of the Managing board is Academic Matija Bećković.
The concrete activities in the implementation of the goals of the Fund are carried out by the Bureau of the Fund.
The director of the Bureau is Mile Savić and the deputy director is Boris Milosavljević.
The Fund plans to open its centers in Serbia and in the world.